Girls’ tennis falls to Saratoga in first match of the season

Quinn Knoblock, Staff Writer

In their first league match of the season on Tuesday, Paly girls tennis suffered a devastating loss against powerhouse, Saratoga High School at home.

Despite the loss, co-captain Halle Biorn (‘16) was still proud of the team’s effort and hopeful for the coming season.

“The girls [Saratoga], were really good and consistent… they’ve always been one of the top teams and probably one of the hardest to beat.”

Biorn (‘16) and her partner, Meredith Cummings (‘17) fell 6-1 to their Saratoga opponents.

“I don’t think we played that bad, I mean we have played better, we put up as much as we could against them,” Biorn says of the team’s performance.

All the other Paly’s girls’ singles and doubles too, lost their sets resulting in a loss of the match for the team.

In spite of the loss, senior co-captain Kelsey Wang (‘16) believes the team can’t be too hard on themselves.

“They’re probably the second hardest team in the league, aside from Monte Vista, so they’re not a great team to play for our first league game, but we survived,” she said jokingly.

The Lady Vikes will face their next opponent, Los Gatos, away on Thursday the 17th at 3:30pm. In addition, the girls have a tournament this Friday and Saturday hosted at Paly.