The Healing Game
The Healing Game
Beau Revenaugh and Carter BurnettMarch 28, 2024
Gridiron Gaming
Gridiron Gaming
Lucas Tung and Tyler CheungMarch 28, 2024
Dunking On Stereotypes
Dunking On Stereotypes
Dylan Robinson, Max Merkel, Tyler Martin, and Grace GormleyMarch 28, 2024

Brief: Paly baseball beats Archbishop Mitty in CCS semi-finals

Palo Alto High School baseball (26-9-0) defeated Archbishop Mitty (26-5-1) 5-2 at the San Jose Municipal Stadium tonight in the CCS (Central Coast Section) semi-finals.

The Vikings won the game with their strong defense and solid pitching.  During the game Paly commmited zero errors compared to the Monarchs’ three.

“We played great defense and Ben [Sneider (‘12)] and Drake [Swezey (‘11)] pitched really well,” John Dickerson (’12) said.  “We made the plays we had to make, and got on Mitty early in the game.”

Paly also hit well, getting three hits from Christoph Bono (‘11) and two each from Jack Witte (‘12) and Cory Tenanes (‘11).

Although the Vikings are coming off of the semi-final game looking strong, they are still concentrated on the Championship game.  Last Year the Vikings lost in the Championship game to Burlingame High School.

“We beat the only team with a higher seed than us tonight, so we have that going for us,” Jacob Lauing said.  “But then again, last year we underestimated Burlingame in the finals and lost. We’ve got to treat this game like they are tougher than Mitty.”

The CCS Championship game will take place Saturday at San Jose Municipal Stadium against San Benito at 7 pm.