Boys’ soccer ties disappointing match with Mountain View

Boys soccer ties disappointing match with Mountain View

Matan Ziv, Staff Writer

The Paly boys’ soccer team ended Tuesday’s home game against Mountain View High School in a disappointing 0-0 draw.

The Vikes controlled the game for a majority of the first half, however it did not translate into chances in front of goal.

A slight breakthrough was made in the twenty fourth minute when Captain Derek Schoenberger (‘17) played a precise through ball into Marcel Colchen (‘17)who then played a nice cross int, Isaiah Schoenberger (‘18). Schoenberger then shot it straight to the bottom left corner, but the fingertips of the outstretched keeper kept the ball out of the net.

The majority of the game was then spent with the Vikes controlling possession in Mountain View’s half, but there was no luck in breaking through the defense. After dropping points in both of their first two league games to start the league season, the Vikes felt they have what it takes to turn it around.

“We’re a little disappointed,” said Matt Knowles (‘18), “but with our talent and team chemistry I’m sure we will turn it around.”

The Vikes’ squad is filled with young players with potential for success in the future.

“Today’s game was a reminder for us that this season will be tough,” said Kenzo Morabia (‘18). “However, we believe we are strong enough to fulfill our goals.”