Brief: Wrestling crushes Saratoga

The Palo Alto High School wrestling team beat out Saratoga High School in the Saratoga Dual meet on Thursday at Saratoga. The Vikings crushed the Saratoga team, winning 10 of the 13 matches.

George Keller (’14), Joey Chistopherson (’12), Nick Ortiz (’12), Gary Hohbach (’13), Gunner Felt (’14), Christian Lonsky (’12), Kalen Gans (’12) and Erik Anderson (’13) each won their match for the Vikings.

Kalen Gans ('12) was one of the 10 Viking victories at the Saratoga Duel Meet on Thursday.

Trent Marshall (’13), Tanner Marshall (’13) and Jose Tochez (’11) all won due to Saratoga’s inability to field a wrestler for their particular weight classes.

Overall the team was very happy with its performance today.

“We did a good job keeping the other team on bottom,” Lonsky said. “That’s what you’ve got to do.”

Although the team won by a large margin, it looks to harder challenges in the rest of the season.

“This was a good start to our dual meet season but at the same time can’t get over confident with the win,” Ortiz said. “Saratoga is a young team and we will be facing much more talented teams in the [future] duals.”