Girls’ tennis suffers 2-5 loss to Sacred Heart Prep – The Viking Magazine
Palo Alto High School's sports news site

The Viking Magazine

Girls’ tennis suffers 2-5 loss to Sacred Heart Prep

Jonny Glazier, Staff Writer

The Palo Alto High School girls’ varsity tennis lost today by a score of 2-5 to the Sacred Heart Prep Gators.

The Lady Vikes now fall to a 2-4 record coming off of losses to the tough league opponents of Saratoga and Monta Vista. Despite the loss, Sammy Solomon (’13) and Felicia Wang (’14) each won their games by the respective scores of  6-2, 6-2 and 6-0, 6-0.

Led by a plethora of underclassmen, the Lady Vikes fought hard, but lost key matches with their No. 1 singles Aashli Budhiraja (’14) in a close match(6-4, 2-6, 8-10) and No. 1 doubles led by Hollie Kool (’14) and team captain Amy Ke (’12) lost as well (4-6, 4-6).

No. 4 singles Sam Dewees (’14) also suffered a loss (4-6, 2-6) en route to the Paly defeat.

“I think Felicia and Aashli have been pulling out some great and much needed wins,” No. 3 singles Solomon said. ” They have really come through for us when we have needed them most.”

After the loss of seven seniors from the 2010 squad, this years’ Lady Vikes are relying on seven underclassmen to pull their youthful team through their tough league schedule.

Led by head coach Andy Harader, the Lady Vikes are looking to get back into the form they were in when they placed second in the Santa Catalina Tournament. Looking to rebound at home Tuesday, the Lady Vikes will play league foe Los Altos at 3:30 p.m.