Lady Vikes tennis triumphs over Los Altos 4-3

Sabrina, Staff Writer

The Palo Alto High School girls’ tennis team beat Los Alto 4-3 on Tuesday afternoon in their last regular season match.

Throughout the entire season, Los Altos has put up a tough fight against the Vikings and has been some of their toughest competition, but thanks to an excellent team effort, Palo Alto came out on top.

“The doubles teams really pulled through for the win and the singles players really put up a fight,” Ankita Amberkar (‘18) said.

The win was made even sweeter by the fact that it was also senior night, and marked the positive end of an era for some of the players.

“Senior night was incredible, but sad at the same time. The underclassmen and juniors made us the cutest posters and brought us flowers, but it was my last home game in my high school career,” Meredith Cummings (‘17) said.

This season has been exceptional for the Lady Vikes, with their winning record giving them a phenomenal amount of confidence going into their postseason games.

“Next week some players will be going for SCVALs, and CCS is coming up in two weeks so we are now focusing on sharpening up our game and working on game strategy to prepare ourselves for the upcoming tournaments,” Amberkar said.

The team is focusing on improving their net play in the next few weeks, and will rely on their consistently successful baseline shots to remain on top of their competition.

The girls’ tennis postseason kicks off on Tuesday, November third at 3:00 that afternoon.