Girls Volleyball Defeats Lynbrook on Senior Night – The Viking Magazine
MENU

Girls Volleyball Defeats Lynbrook on Senior Night

David Hickey

David Hickey

Cole Sotnick, Staff Writer

During their senior night and last regular season game, the girls varsity volleyball defeated Lynbrook in three sets on Thursday.

Before the game, the team honored their 2018 class which includes Julianna Roth (‘18), Avery Wooten (‘18), Tanli Su (‘18), Michelle Li (‘18), Chelsea Fan (‘18), Susanna Limb (‘18), Isabella Marcus (‘18), and  DeeDee Ringwalt (‘18). There was a great turnout of students and parents to cheer on their fellow Vikings.

“It was really great to end on a high note. I’m sure a lot of seniors are proud of how well we’ve done in league this year,” Fan said. “The parents and non-seniors got together and made a really nice ceremony before the game to celebrate the 8 seniors graduating this year.”

In the first set, the girls outplayed Lynbrook winning with a score of 25 – 17. Mia Gibbs (‘20) had a great set, getting plenty of blocks and finishing several spikes.

In the second set, the girls were able to battle it out with a score of 25-23, with an impressive performance from Limb. She had several digs which helped carry the team to victory in the second set.

In the final set, the girls easily overtook Lynbrook, finishing the game with a full lineup of seniors.

The team finished the season 12 – 0 in league and is going to be in the open division next year. The girls look to improve their record in the CCS quarterfinals next week.

About the Contributors
Cole Sotnick, Staff Writer

Cole Sotnick is a junior who has been working on Viking for one year. He plays hockey, lacrosse, and basketball, but his favorite is ice hockey because of the physicality and fast pace of the game. The athlete that inspires Sotnick the most is football player JJ Watt, “because of his dominance on the field and his commitment to helping his community” Sotnick said. His go-to pre-game song is “Dreams and Nightmares” by Meek Mill, and he likes to eat oatmeal.