Fueling Your Fitness
Amanda Goody and Jonathan Yuan March 28, 2024
Winning With Water Bottles
Game Day: Pregame Rituals with Varsity Athletes

Boys’ lacrosse triumphs over Menlo, 15-6

This Friday night, at the Paly home turf, the Vikings dominated Menlo High School 15-6.

Coming into the first quarter the Vikings started out strong with a goal by Tully Mcallister (‘14).  The Vikings were able to hold onto possession of the ball, allowing Jonny Glazier (‘13) to score the last goal of the first quarter, putting them  up 2-0.

Paly began the second quarter on a dominate note, as Skyler Anderson (‘13) scored the third goal of the night for the Vikings. However, despite the Knight’s strong offense, Paly defense was able to hold them to two goals, scoring three of their own, bringing the score to 6-2.

Coming into the second half of the game, the defense was once again able to hold Menlo out with saves by goalie, Quintin Valenti (‘16).  Defender, James Harrison (’14), had several saves, contributing to Paly’s goals for an overall score of 10-4, in the third quarter.

Coming into the fourth quarter, Paly’s attack was once again dominant on the field looking to take an even larger lead. With goals by Jordan Gans (’14) and Payton Dwight (’14) the Vikings led Menlo 15-6 when the game came to an end.

Head Coach, Craig Conover, is thrilled with how his team played tonight and is optimistic about future games.

“We’ve definitely elevated our game,” Conover said. “But they’re pretty excited so I am happy with everything. That was our second division win, we lost our first three, which is not good so I think the momentum is really good,” Conover said.

The Vikings will take on Mountain View High School this Monday night at the home turf.