Fueling Your Fitness
Amanda Goody and Jonathan Yuan March 28, 2024
Winning With Water Bottles
Game Day: Pregame Rituals with Varsity Athletes

Boys soccer falls to Mountain View

Captain Kirby Gee (’13) clears a ball during Paly’s loss to Mountain View.
     Boys’ soccer (4-2) fell 3-0 to first place Mountain View High School, on Tuesday the 11th. The boys started off the season well by beating Los Gatos at home, and winning both games played at the Oak Grove Tournament.
 The team hoped to beat Mountain View at home after tieing them in the pre-season.
“We knew Mountain View would be tough because we played them preseason and we tied them,” captain Kirby Gee (‘13) said.
In the first half, the Vikings held their defense tight but the Spartans kept attacking and scrambled away with one goal. The Vikings barely kept the ball on Mountain View’s side of the field, unable to score any goals during the first half.
Going into the second half with a more positive attitude, the Vikings were able to get a few shots off at the Spartans. However, failing to defend their goal, Mountain View was able to get away with two more goals. Weaving through the Viking defense and finding the defenders’ weak spots, gave the Spartans opportunities to shoot and score.
Paly attempted to get some goals in the net but failed. The game ended 3-0 for Mountain View. The boys found their weak spots and now know what to practice a bit more.
“We need to work on our defence, just coordinating everything,” Gee said. “We need to work on our attacking games and coordinating our fast runs.”
The Vikings will be playing in another Oak Grove tournament on Saturday the 15th.