Boys basketball completes 12-0 league season by beating Cupertino 58-34 on senior night – The Viking Magazine
MENU

Boys basketball completes 12-0 league season by beating Cupertino 58-34 on senior night

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bryan Look, Editor-in-Chief

Boys basketball beat Cupertino 58-34, completing their undefeated 12-0 season in SCVAL as nine seniors were honored on senior night.

Cupertino stuck around early as the first quarter ended 18-12, but the Vikings quickly opened a big lead in the second quarter. Jared Wulbrun (‘18) lead Paly with nine points at half as Paly lead 36-18.

The second half was rather uneventful, as Paly continued to hit shots and played stingy defense to hold their lead. Cupertino’s lack of offensive firepower was evident as the Vikings coasted to the 58-34 victory.

The win secured and undefeated league season for Paly, which was a goal the team set before the year.

“It was a big goal for us to go undefeated in league and win it,” Wulbrun said. “And that’s what we did.”

Before the game, the boys basketball senior night honored Paly’s nine seniors in their last league game. Wulbrun, Max Dorward (‘18), Will Schlemmer (‘18), Will Schmutz (‘18), Bryant Jefferson (‘18), Paul Jackson III (‘18), Nicholas Zhao (‘18), Grey Johnson (’18), and Spencer Rojahn (‘18) all took part in the ceremony supported by their family and Coach Diepenbrock.

As SCVAL De Anza division league champions, the Vikings are now well set up for CCS and CIF playoffs. The CCS seeding meeting is tomorrow where Paly will likely be selected to open division as either the fifth or sixth seed with their opening round game against St. Ignatius or Mitty.

About the Writer
Bryan Look, Editor-in-Chief

Bryan Look is a Palo Alto High School senior who has been a part of Viking for two and a half years, serving as editor-in-chief for the last year. He has...