Paly boys soccer defeats Leland high school 4-1.

Josie vogel, Social Media Manager

On December 7th the Paly boy’s soccer team defeated Leland high school 4-1. The overall energy and communication were through the roof during the duration of the game. 

“We played really well as a team front to back, controlled the game the whole time, and were really good in attack tonight,” senior Rhys Foote said. “Great team win.”

Paly was up 3-0 when the first half ended and after halftime they came out strong in order to keep their lead for the rest of the game. 

Paly’s persistence, strong mentality, and preparation during tryouts has shown through during their last couple of games, especially against Leland high school.

“Keeping fitness up in the preseason is important so that people don’t get injured during our rigorous season,” senior captain Jonas Pao said.  

Last season the team made it to CCS but unfortunately got knocked out in the first round. This year the team has high hopes for the rest of the season and so far they are off to a great start. 

“We have a really strong squad this year, so hopefully we can win the league and get pretty far in CCS,” Pao said.

Senior captains Jonas Pao and Zach Cooper have high expectations for this season and therefore keep a positive as well as focused atmosphere as they push their teams ability through the rest of the season. 

“We want to get ahead of other people because we hope that we are doing 110 percent more than other teams,” Pao said.