Paly Boys Soccer Falls To Aptos 2-1

Josie Vogel, Social Media Manager

Karen Hickey

The Paly boys varsity soccer team lost to Aptos high school 2-1 on Monday night. It was a close and fairly even match with both teams fighting vigorously during the duration of the game. Although Aptos pulled ahead with a one-goal lead and eventually won the game. 

The game was aggressive and tough for both sides. Paly played a strong offensive line but was unable to recover the goals scored against them. This is the first loss of the season for the Paly team but they expect to come out strong against their next opponent, Cupertino high school. 

“Today was a pretty devastating loss for us and the first loss of the season. I know all the boys are pretty disappointed with the result, but we will bounce back in our game tomorrow.” senior captain Jonas Pao said. 

Overall the team performed with energy and communication but let down twice allowing for goals to be scored against them. These moments can be costly when it comes to a tight and even game. 

“We played well, but let our focus wane two times and that’s what lost us the game, but I’m excited to see how we come back and deal with losing,” Pao said. 

With more games coming up the team is hoping to leave this game in the past and continue to play putting their best foot forward. The Players are working hard to win games and hopefully make it into CCS.