Paly Boys Volleyball falls short to Saratoga on senior night
Josie Vogel, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Paly badminton beats Wilcox 20-10
Paly badminton beats Wilcox 20-10
Tyler Cheung, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Head Coach Fuk discusses with players
Paly Boys Baseball Hopes for Series Sweep Against Los Gatos
Katie Yen, Business Manager • May 1, 2024

Paly Boys Soccer Defeats Santa Clara 2-0

On January 25, the Paly boys soccer team played against Santa Clara High School, coming out victorious in a 2-0 win and increasing their record to five wins, six losses, and four ties. Both of Paly’s goals were made by senior Redmond Haynes. Haynes’ first goal was a short corner with the ball whipping to the far post before going into the net. His next goal was scored in the second half of the game. 

The second half started out a little rough as the Vikings kept loosing the ball and Santa Clara had opportunities to score. However, the Vikings maintained a good work ethic to regain control of the ball. Junior Taishi Liu worked to win the ball back high up on the field, and he proceeded to cross the ball over to Haynes for the Vikings’ second goal.

The win was a great come back for the team after losing to Santa Clara 3-0 earlier this year. Senior Anzel Zhen reflected on their improved work in the game.

“Overall I would say we deserved to win the game. We moved the ball well and had the desire to win it back when we lost it,” said Zhen. “Our back line, midfield, and forwards were connected and our communication throughout the game was pretty on point.”

The team will continue to work hard in practice in hopes of increasing the wins in this seasons’ record. With people finally coming back from injuries, there’s a bright future for this team.