Lady Vikes Tennis team defeated by Sacred Heart 4-3

Stan de Martel, Copy Editor

Stan de Martel
Maddi Page (’21) prepares to serve

The lady vikes tennis team came up short, losing a close one to Sacred Heart 4-3.

The lineup was the same as last game, with Maddi Page (‘21) playing Sacred Heart’s number one player, Claire Li (‘20) playing their second player, Anya Yakimenko (‘21) playing the number three player and Isa Cossiz (‘19) playing fourth.

After a hot start and going up 2-0, with freshman Maddi Page dominating and winning both her sets 6-2, Sacred Heart came back, winning a singles match and eventually both of the doubles in tie breakers.

With four tie breaks, the game could have gone either way. “We lost three and won one, so that was the difference” Coach Andy Harader said.

Though he was disappointed with the loss, Harader  thought the team fought well and was impressed with the team’s performance. “It was a very close match… good fight though. It’s nice when you win that kind of fight in the end.”Coach Harader said.

The team was very disappointed with the loss, believing that they could’ve won this one. ‘It was not a good day for me. ” Senior captain Emma Cockrell said. The coach also followed up, saying that they were going to face hard competition this year “Our league is very tough, but we’ll see how it plays out” Harader said. They hope to redeem themselves against Homestead next Tuesday, September 4, at home.