Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Girls’ cross-country places third at Lowell Invitational

On a calm, sunny day at Golden Gate Park the Palo Alto High School girls’ varsity cross-country team finished in third place at the Lowell Invitational meet this Saturday.

Kylie Goo (‘13) of Westmoor, took first place in the meet with a time of 17:36, which translates to an average pace of 6:01 per mile. Chika Kasahara (‘13) placed first for the Lady Vikes, finishing the 2.93 mile course in 19:24, a time good for 12th overall.

“I think I did well, and I think everyone else did really well too,” Kasahara said. “I’m really proud of my team.”

Unlike their previous meet, the Lady Vikes had several underclassmen running in the varsity race, including Katie Foug (‘15), Sophia Robinson (‘15), and Audrey DeBruine (‘14), who finished second, third and fourth for Paly.

“It’s fun to be on varsity with the older girls,” Foug said. “They kind of help you, and lead you along.”

Foug’s time of 19:34 was even more impressive due to the fact that she had already played in a soccer game that day.

“Katie, she was right behind me, and she had a soccer game before,” Kasahara said. “It was crazy.”

Next up for the Lady Vikes is the Stanford Invitational at the Stanford golf course on Sept. 24. Kasahara ran in the Stanford Invitational last year, and has set her expectations accordingly.

“[My goal is] just to have a really good meet, because I know it’s a hard meet for everyone,” she said.