Grace Gormley April 15, 2024
Lucas Tung April 15, 2024
The Hidden MVPs
The Hidden MVPs
Jason Hu and Ben Levav April 11, 2024

Football Season Preview

The Paly football team had a successful season last year, finishing with a 7-6 record and eventually winning the Division V CCS championship. Their season ended after a hard-fought loss against Santa Teresa in the CIF Regional Championships.

New head coach, David DeGeronimo, led the team to a CCS championship last season, and Paly football fans are excited to see what he has for the team this year and how he plans on training fresh and veteran varsity players.

“Key singers that come back … end up being two-way players, and then we fill the gaps with a really strong junior class,” Coach DeGeronimo said. 

Paly looks to build on their momentum heading into this upcoming season, preparing themselves for a demanding schedule through vigorous and intense practices. 

“It’s early in the season so we do have time to [improve], gel as a team, fix the fundamentals, see who did well and see who’s gonna win spots and win playing time,” Coach DeGeronimo said. 

The team has been training hard since the beginning of school and will face off against the Fremont Tigers this Friday.