Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024
Photo courtesy of Celeste Bates
Paly Baseball Defeats Gunn 11-3
Tyler Martin, Online Editor-in-Chief • April 20, 2024

Girls Tennis Season Preview

Photo by Celeste Bates

For the Paly Girls Tennis team, this season is looking very promising. “We actually have a better team this year… we’ve got four new freshmen and they’ve got real potential,” Coach Andy Harader said.

The now revamped team looks to build off a tough previous season, finishing just fifth out of seven teams in their league and losing in the second round of the CCS championship. 

“The best team in our league won NorCal… we’re playing [against] the best players,” Harader said, “so u play very well but it doesn’t show up on your record.”

A part of one of the top leagues in the state, the girls are facing some serious competition. “I’m hoping for a .500 (season record)… Our league is so deep that when we apply for CCS championships we automatically get in.” Harader said. 

Despite the difficulty of their league however, Harader believes that, compelled to bounce-back and filled with new talent, the girls are on an upward trajectory going into the 2023-24 season.   

An upcoming regional tournament in Southern California gives the team an opportunity to showcase their abilities and begin the season on a strong note. Gaining momentum will be key, as the Paly girls meet a challenging schedule and strive to show the league what they are capable of.