Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Girls Volleyball Season Preview

Photo courtesy of @palyvolleyball on instagram

Last season, the Paly girl’s volleyball team ended their season in the playoffs with a 3-1 loss against Carlmount. Their overall season record was 17 – 15 and a 3 – 9 in league play. 

While the team worked hard together throughout the entire season, they suffered a rough patch midway through the season. In this time, they had nine straight losses, six of those being shutouts. Part of the reason for this was that they had multiple injured players. Nevertheless, they kept working hard and finished off their season with 4 wins out of the last 7 games.

“Based on our first few games we have a strong team,” senior captain Reine Schultz said. “We love being able to play together and are constantly cheering each other on whether it’s during practice or a game, on or off the court.”

Since last season, the team has lost five seniors but there are lots of promising players still on the team, especially since the seniors did not make up the majority of the team.

“We are of course hoping/planning to make it to the CCS playoffs and beyond but we know that regardless we will have a great season,” Schultz said.

The girl’s volleyball team is ready to start their new season off on a high note, with Coach Chris Crader continuing another year with the team. 

The girls are currently set to be playing two games a week throughout the season, with their first game being played against Carlmount on August 24th at home.