Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Paly Girls Water Polo Defeat Archbishop Mitty 15-8

Paly girls water polo played in their second game of the season against Archbishop Mitty on Saturday morning, a historically very talented team in the section.

After an even first half for the Vikings, they pulled ahead moving into the 3rd quarter, setting the momentum for the rest of the match and eventually winning 15-8.

“I think we played very good we started off a little slow but definitely picked it up, so proud of everyone on the team who has been grinding out the last couple of weeks,” sophomore Grace Henderson said.

The Vikings displayed their optimism and confidence in their hard work after their long preseason and maintained a supportive environment through the last half of the game.

“I was really proud of the team, everyone got some good shots up, and a lot of people scored,” junior Sophia Ahn said.

The team showed improvement and determination across the game, staying diligent, especially moving into the fourth quarter. 

“We did a great job of applying the things we focused on in practice to the game which helped us succeed,” assistant coach Will Rowell said.

One crucial moment during the game was stopping 3 back to back penalty shots to halt a momentum sway by goalie Mary Henderson, an extremely impressive feat with the shots being taken from just 5 meters away uncontested. In addition, she was able to pick up 13 blocks, helping the team rally behind her.

Overall, the Vikings had an impressive second game, and are very optimistic moving into the regular season matches starting next week.