Grace Gormley April 15, 2024
Lucas Tung April 15, 2024
The Hidden MVPs
The Hidden MVPs
Jason Hu and Ben Levav April 11, 2024

Paly Football Falls to Sacred Heart Prep 28-14

Paly football suffered a hard-fought loss to Sacred Heart Prep last night with a final score of 28-14.

Paly started out rough, facing a 14-0 deficit after the first quarter. Senior running back Jermemiah Madrigal caught a receiving touchdown shortly after on 4th and goal cut the deficit to just seven going into halftime.

Paly’s second score of the day came from a 50-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Declan Packer (‘24) to wide receiver Jason Auzenne (’24). Paly had multiple opportunities to tie the game with a touchdown in the second half, but fell short despite hard efforts. 

Paly feels that they need to make adjustments in order to get over the hump for future games.

“Something I think we should improve on is trust in our teammates better, and being able to rely on each others to do their job correctly,” Auzenne said.

Despite the loss, Paly still kept a high head, battling all the way through the game. 

“We kept a positive attitude throughout the entire game, not letting the score change the way we played,” Auzenne said. 

Paly falls to 2-1 on the season and hopes to get back in the win column in an away game against Los Gatos next Friday.