Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024
Photo courtesy of Celeste Bates
Paly Baseball Defeats Gunn 11-3
Tyler Martin, Online Editor-in-Chief • April 20, 2024

Field Hockey Season Recap

Paly girls field hockey ended their season with a strong record and deep appreciation for the team skills and connections built and continually developed throughout the season.
Photo courtesy of Karen Ambrose Hickey

Paly girls field hockey wrapped up a successful season in which they placed 2nd in league. They finished with a 9-4-4 overall record giving them a 65% win rate for the season. 

A highlight from the season was the tight steal of a win in overtime against Saratoga. “We did really well under pressure and made sure to always uplift each other,” sophomore Sarah Thieman said. 

Senior night was also a special event in honoring many of the players who have been committed to the program for four years now. 

“Our seniors played such crucial roles in the team’s success and I think it will be noticeable next year when they’re gone,” sophomore Charlotte Barclay said. “They’re all leaders and team players, but most importantly they have come out everyday and represented what it means to be a part of the field hockey program.”

Apart from successes and wins on the field, the team was also successful off the field in their bonding and maintenance of a positive team environment.  

“During the season I loved spending time with my teammates whether it was going to team dinners or any of our other random outings; I feel it helped us become closer and become one unit out on the field as well as bringing the energy up during the games,” junior Isabelle Carlson said. 

Even with the big changes in the start of the season, the field hockey team’s positive energy was consistent.

“We got a new coach and lots of new players, but we did a great job with team bonding which made the season super fun and improved our chemistry,” Thieman said. 

In reflecting on the season, the team felt it easy to appreciate their improvements as a result of their hard work in practice.

“Looking at our first game compared to our senior night, it is obvious that our practice and commitment had been paying off,”  Thieman said. 

With the season now over, the team is looking forward to next year’s upcoming season and in furthering their skills and continuing to build and expand the field hockey program.