Track and Field Season Recap
Track and Field Season Recap
Tyler Frick and Evin Steele May 23, 2024
The softball team gathers in their dugout between innings on their senior night last Thursday. Photo by Grace Gormley.
Softball Season Recap
Trey Collins May 23, 2024
Courtesy of Harry Sherlock
Shadows Over Glory: Manchester City's Premier League Title Amidst Allegations
Ben Levav, Staff Writer • May 23, 2024

Paly Boys Water Polo Advances to CCS Championship in Comeback Win

Photo+courtesy+of+Roan+Haney+
Photo courtesy of Roan Haney

Paly boys water polo defeated Los Altos 9-8 in a comeback win to advance to the CCS Finals. 

Paly established themselves early, with senior Charles Ryans scoring three early goals that put the Vikings ahead. The lead was short lived, and Los Altos evened the score quickly. An even second and third quarter left the game tied entering the fourth. 

Unfocused gameplay from the Vikings early in the fourth quarter gave Los Altos a chance to put away two goals, leaving the score at 8-6 in Los Altos’s favor. With time running out, Paly needed a late rally to keep their hopes up for the CCS Championship. 

A perimeter goal from sophomore Jack Spitzer did just that, bringing Paly within one. Junior Roan Haney followed with another perimeter goal, equalizing for the Vikings late in the fourth. 

Haney’s heroics did not stop there however, and with 22 seconds left he scored the winning goal that put Paly into the CCS Championship. 

“Being down by two is a hard situation to be in, so coming back from a two goal deficit is something that I’m super happy we were able to do and I’m excited to move on to the finals,” Haney said. 

Paly takes on Hollister in the CCS Championship on Saturday.