Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Paly Football Beats Mountain View in the Divsion IV CCS Championship 34-33

Photo courtesy of Karen Hickey

Paly football won the Divsion IV CCS Championship defeating Mountain View in a thrilling 34-33 victory yesterday at San Jose City College.

This marks the second year in a row where Paly won the CCS Championship.

The game was back and forth throughout, with no team holding a double-digit lead at any point. In the fourth quarter, Paly led 34-27, but Mountain View scored a touchdown at the end of the game. Instead of taking an extra point to go to overtime, they decided to try a two-point conversion, giving them the opportunity to win the game. Paly’s defense stepped up and forced the stop, cementing the win. 

The game was one of the grittiest and most unpredictable games I’ve ever played, and we’re all so grateful to come away with the win,” senior safety Beau Revenaugh said.

Throughout the game, Paly had timely defensive stops – including a second-half interception by junior linebacker Joseph Kessler-  and executed the offensive gameplan, propelling them to their eventual win.

“We got the ball to our big time playmakers Jason [Auzenne] and Jeremiah Madrigal,” defensive back and wide receiver Jeremiah Fung (‘25) said.

Auzenne contributed over 200 all-purpose yards and 4 touchdowns while Madrigal added 90 rushing yards and a touchdown of his own.

This game was important for many of the guys, as it could have been their last time suiting up for Paly football. 

“It was especially important the seniors,” Revenaugh said. “We all love football so much, and we’re not only playing to win championships, but we’re also playing to be able to play more football each week.”

With the nailbiting victory, Paly advances to the Northern California tournament where the will play a game next weekend.