Paly Badminton Loses to Lynbrook 28-2
Paly Badminton Loses to Lynbrook 28-2
Lucas Tung May 2, 2024
Paly girls lacrosse loses 13-4 to Gunn and honors seniors in traditional celebration
Avery Reller, Social Media Manager • May 2, 2024
Paly Boys Volleyball falls short to Saratoga on senior night
Josie Vogel, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024

Paly baseball handily defeated Gunn 11-3 at Palo Alto High School yesterday.

The team was coming off of a dominating 17-1 win against Gunn on Wednesday, and they kept their momentum going into this game.

Paly got off to quick 3-0 lead after the first inning through strong defense and well-hit balls. Gunn cut the lead to 4-2 by the third inning, however, the Vikings never looked back, dominating the rest of the game and winning 11-3.

“Defensively we made sure that Gunn never got too close,” senior Nate Donaker said.

Paly was led by Donaker on the mound, who pitched five innings allowing just two earned runs and five hits. Kangee Cho (‘25) came in after Donaker and pitched the last two innings with no hits and three strikeouts.

Offensively, Cho led the team going 4-4 with four RBI’s and two stolen bases. The team also saw major contributions from senior Charlie Bates (2 hits, 3 RBI’s), senior Zach Thom (1-3, 2 runs scored), junior Isaiah Walker (2 RBI’s, 2 stolen bases), and junior Jonathan Nguyen (1-1, 2 runs scored).

“Our hitting was great yesterday and we were finding the barrels,” Donaker said.

Paly is now hitting their stride winning their last four games, moving to 10-10 overall and 5-3 in league. They hope to use this momentum for the rest of the season and specifically for their game today against non-league opponent Burlingame High School.

“We plan to ride this momentum into our next games and hopefully we can complete this week 3-0 with a win today,” Donaker said.