Baseball Season Recap
Tyler Martin, Katie Yen, and Sarah ThiemanMay 16, 2024
Paly Vikings defeat Mountain view 16-5
Paly Vikings defeat Mountain view 16-5
Max Merkel, Staff writer • May 16, 2024
Boys Upperclassman of The Year: Grant Morgenfeld
Lucas Tung and Tyler MartinMay 16, 2024

Paly Boys Volleyball falls short to Saratoga on senior night

Paly boys’ volleyball lost against Saratoga High School 4 to 1 last night on their senior night. 

Despite the loss, the Vikings stepped onto the court with a new goal: to connect as a team and create a memorable experience for the seniors. After a tough season, the Vikings wanted to send their seniors off with a game full of spirit and energy. 

During the game, the audience filled the court with echoing cheers and unwavering support for the Vikings. Facing the top team in the league, Saratoga High, was a challenge, but the Vikings rose to the occasion, displaying teamwork and sportsmanship throughout the match.

“Senior night is a way of closing out the season and it’s almost emotional because it’s the end of an era and we don’t know if we will continue playing in college,” Cal Currier (‘24) said. 

The team had a great moment in celebration while winning a point off a middle block. 

One of the standout moments of the match came when the Vikings secured a point off a middle block, igniting celebration throughout the team and fans. 

“The spirit coming from the fans helped our team keep its energy and communication up,” Cal Currier (24’) said. 

With the next upcoming game against Los Gatos High School, the boy volleyball team is feeling confident coming off such a high spirited game. They hope to have the same audience energy and team communication going forward.