Track and Field Season Recap
Track and Field Season Recap
Tyler Frick and Evin SteeleMay 23, 2024
The softball team gathers in their dugout between innings on their senior night last Thursday. Photo by Grace Gormley.
Softball Season Recap
Trey CollinsMay 23, 2024
Courtesy of Harry Sherlock
Shadows Over Glory: Manchester City's Premier League Title Amidst Allegations
Ben Levav, Staff Writer • May 23, 2024

Paly Boys Golf Recap

Photo by Al Chang

The Paly boys golf team had a very successful season with an overall record of three wins and two losses and were co-champions with Los Gatos High School. 

The team had many new freshmen this year and it was up to the upperclassmen to help them improve to the team’s standards. 

“This season allowed them to get used to the team environment and competition,” junior Justun Kim said.

Throughout the season they struggled with many injuries.

“At the beginning of the season, we started off 1-2, but that was due to the fact that two of our best players were injured,” Coach Doyle Knight said.

Going into the season, the golf team’s main goal was to qualify to be able to compete at the CCS and state competitions at the end of the golf season. 

Unfortunately, the team was not able to make it to states. However, they managed to tie for first at SCVAL and place 7th at CCS.

“I was very impressed with the commitment the guys put in to bond as a team and improve their game so we could have a successful season,” Coach Knight said.

Brian Yu 27’ and senior Chase Kacher 24’ won freshman and senior players of the year. They were also first team all league, and Justin Kim was second team all league. 

After months of practice and matches, the team reflected on their efforts. With an overall good season, the team was happy with the outcome. 

“I think this season overall went great for the team,” Kim said. “Although we didn’t get to states, we improved marginally and I am really excited for next year’s season.”