Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Girls Basketball Season Preview 2023

The girl’s basketball team had an amazing season last year but is facing a complete overhaul, here’s what we can expect.
The+girls+basketball+team+gathers+during+a+game.+Photo+courtesy+of+Karen+Hickey.+
The girls basketball team gathers during a game. Photo courtesy of Karen Hickey.

Last season, the Paly girls basketball team finished with an overall record of 20-7, as well as a 10-2 record in League play, earning them second place in the De Anza League. Due to their stellar play throughout the season, the team qualified for the Open division of CCS playoffs – a very impressive feat for a public school – where they finished 2-1 in the round robin stage and shortly missed the championship game.

“We had an amazing season. We all worked really hard on and off the court and as a result, we had great chemistry on court and perfected our skills that gave us an amazing result.” Paly Alum Caroline Mostofizadeh said.

However, this season, with most of last year’s players either graduating or transferring, the team has a completely new look. In fact, the team only has one returning varsity player and a new head coach. 

Despite the young, new roster, the team is hopeful that their hard work and dedication throughout the summer and fall will propel them to another successful season. Freshman Elena Salvatierra expresses her excitement for the upcoming season.

“It is my first season and the energy is very exciting,” Salvatierra said. “I know it will be a difficult season because we are such a young team, but I believe we can pull through and succeed.” 

The team’s next game is this Saturday in a tournament against Harker, where they look to get in the win column