Girls’ cross-country places second at Baylands meet – The Viking Magazine
Palo Alto High School's sports news site

The Viking Magazine

Girls’ cross-country places second at Baylands meet

Katie Foug holds first place for the girls' team as she runs at the Baylands park.

Jensen Hsiao

Jensen Hsiao

Paul Bienaimé, Staff Writer

Paly’s girls’ varsity cross-country team placed second at the Santa Clara Valley Athletic League Meet at the Baylands in Sunnyvale on Tuesday.

Nora Rosati (‘13), Katie Foug (‘15) and Chika Kasahara (‘13), placed 12th, 15th and 16th for the Lady Vikes, respectively.
Paly scored 89 points at this meet, trailing behind Monta Vista High School with 73 points. Rosati crossed the finish line with a time of 20:38.8. Following Rosati, were Foug and Kasahara, each finishing with a time of 20:43.

Coach Jones wanted to integrate a new strategy for this meet.

“We have a big race coming up this Friday and they’ve raced a lot lately,” Jones said. “So we worked on a little pack strategy for running.”

Varsity runner Shaheen Essabhoy (‘13) agreed with this strategy as the results turned out positive.

“It was a really interesting race strategy and it worked out pretty well,” Essabhoy said.

Foug also thought this was helpful for the team.

“We pushed each other to do the best we could and finished second overall,” Foug said.

Paly’s frosh-soph girls also ran well on Tuesday, as they finished first out of the 14 teams present.

The Lady Vikes will be running again at the Monterey Invite at Toro Park this Friday.