Photo from paly.softball.varsity on instagram.
Paly softball defeats Santa Clara 9-8
Amanda Goody, Staff Writer • March 27, 2024
Hannah Oh (27) takes a breath
Paly Girls Swim and Dive beat Los Altos High School on Senior Night
Ethan Wang, Staff Writer • March 27, 2024
Beyond the Mirror
Beyond the Mirror
Eliza Gaither, Katie Yen, and Sarah ThiemanMarch 27, 2024

Powderpuff football Seniors dominate Freshmen 35-7

The Senior powderpuff team crushed the Freshmen team in powderpuff football today at lunch with a score of 35-7.

While the Freshmen showed an initial stint of stardom as quarterback Julia Saul (’14) connected on a long pass to receiver Hannah Bundy (’14), their success was short-lived with a goal line stop by the senior defense.  The play gave both the momentum and eventually the game to the seniors.

The Seniors scored first with a touchdown pass from quarterback Trina Ohms (’11) to receiver Sydney Davis (’11).  The Freshmen did not give up and they tied the game with another perfect pass from Saul that was caught for a touchdown by  Andrea Clerici-Hermandinger (’14).

Gracie Marshall ('11) takes a tumble after a tackle from Callie Walker ('14)

Putting the class of 2011 on her back, Ali Kershner intercepted Saul’s last attempt to get an offense going.  On the offensive side, Kershner struck again and caught the next touchdown from Ohms to place the seniors in the lead 14-7.

Not looking back, the Seniors received another touchdown off a run play by Davis, another touchdown catch from Kershner, and a final touchdown catch by Helen Butler.

With the Seniors versatility in both the pass and run offenses, the Juniors will surely have difficulty keeping their championship crown on Thursday at lunch.

“There is a lot of hype surrounding the Juniors because of their miraculous season last year,” Kershner said. “But the Senior class is coming together with great coaching, a lot of talent, and a strong team bond that is unmatchable. We are ready to go, and we will bring our A game, and the Juniors better be scared.”