Lucas TungApril 15, 2024
The Hidden MVPs
The Hidden MVPs
Jason Hu and Ben LevavApril 11, 2024

Paly boys’ track and field beats crosstown rival Gunn 81-46

Paly boys track and field beats crosstown rival Gunn 81-46

Paly boys’ track and field defeated crosstown rival Gunn High School on April 28 at Palo Alto.

Paly started off strong, winning the 4×100 meter relay and the 110 meter hurdles and finished strong by winning the 4×400 meter relay.

Hurdler Grant Sauer (’11) is currently ranked first in league with a time of 15.1 seconds, his personal best.  Paly also swept the 400 meter dash, with EJ Floreal (’13), Morris Gates-Mouton (’12) and Lucas Brooks (’12) placing first, second and third respectively.  Floreal is also currently ranked first in league in the 400 meter dash and second in the 200 meter.  Mouton is ranked eighth in leagues for the 200 meter, but did not run the event against Gunn.  Floreal won the 200 meter, Tremaine Kirkman (’12) placed second and Miles Anderson (’11), ranked ninth in leagues for both the 100 and 200 meter, third.  Maurice Williams (’11) won the 100 meter dash, followed by Anderson in second and Kirkman in third.

Williams also won long jump with 22’1″, followed by Victor Du (’13) with 20’9″.  In league, Williams is ranked second in long jump and Du in sixth.  Du is also ranked first in league for high jump and second in triple jump.  In the meet against Gunn, Du won the triple jump and high jump with jumps of 40’10” and 6″0′ respectively.  Following Du in second and third for high jump were Paly athletes Grant Shorin (’13) and Brandon Dukovic (’11).

Kevin Anderson (’11) won shot put with a throw of 45’11” and Tory Prati (’12) placed third in discus with a throw of 117’4″.