Boys’ golf brings in another win – The Viking Magazine
MENU

Boys’ golf brings in another win

Priscilla Bell, Staff Writer

Boys’ golf took on Fremont High School this afternoon at Sunnyvale Golf Course and finished with a win, 258-201. The team was coming off of a week-long Spring Break and had won its match against Mountain View High School the Thursday before Spring Break.

In order to prepare for their next match against Cupertino, the Vikings’ team was dominated by the underclassmen so the upperclassmen could rest.

“Fremont is a weaker team and we knew [the underclassmen] would win it,” captain Alex Hwang (’15) said. Hwang was one of the upperclassmen who did not play because the next match.

Leading the match, Matt Lewis (’16) and Eric Maser (’17) were both medalists, each shooting 3-over-par 38.

Lewis was pleased with the result of the match and the effort that the team put in.

“We struggled even though we pulled off a win of 57 strokes, so that shows how good our team is,” Lewis said.

He sees that there is more for the team to improve on. As the team gets ready to play Cupertino, it will focus on one aspect of their game.

“Overall, we need to work on our putting, because it hurt us a lot today,” Lewis said.

The Vikings will play Cupertino at Sunnyvale Golf Course, Thursday at 3 p.m.

About the Writer
Priscilla Bell, Features Editor

Priscilla Bell is a senior junior. She loves to cheer on the San Francisco Giants and Chelsea Football Club.