Fueling Your Fitness
Amanda Goody and Jonathan Yuan March 28, 2024
Winning With Water Bottles
Game Day: Pregame Rituals with Varsity Athletes

Girls’ swimming wins 11 of 12 events against Saratoga

Photo Credit: Paige Borsos
Photo Credit: Paige Borsos

Once again, the Palo Alto girls’ varsity team (8-0) comes out on top. The Lady Vikes won 11 out of 12 events at the Saratoga Dual meet at home yesterday, racking up a final score of 134-51. After a strong start, the girls continued to dominate throughout the meet.

To begin the day, the Lady Vikes dominated in the Medley race. Sabrina Lee (’11), Laura Cui (’12), Margaret Wenzlau (’12) and Jasmine Tosky (’12) won the 200 Medley Relay, clocking in at a time of 1:53.30.

Next, Tosky took victory in the 50 Free with a time of 24.15, as well as in the 100 Butterfly with a time of 56.36. Lee won the 100 Freestyle in a time of 54.48 and the 100 Backstroke in a time of 59.38.

Rachelle Holmgren (’12) took a strong lead at the beginning of the 200 Freestyle  never once giving up the lead. Holmgren grabbed the victory for her team and clocked in at 2:01.68.

In addition, one of the Lady Vikes clocked in her personal best time. Kimberly Hallsted (’11) dominated in the 500 Freestyle with her first ever 5:15:53. Fellow senior Sarah Liang (’11) took victory in the 200 IM with a time of 2:11.92.

Laura Cui continued her team’s success by placing first in  the 100 Breaststroke, clocking in at 1:09.00. And finally, to finish the day, the girl’s took home the victory in the 400 Freestyle Relay when Liang, Lee, Wenzlau and Tosky finished with a time of  3:47.58.

The girls team will compete at the League Championship meet next week at Saratoga High School.