Staff Makes a Splash
Staff Makes a Splash
Alena Lotterer and Luke JoachimMarch 28, 2024
The Healing Game
The Healing Game
Beau Revenaugh and Carter BurnettMarch 28, 2024
Gridiron Gaming
Gridiron Gaming
Lucas Tung and Tyler CheungMarch 28, 2024

Girls basketball preview

Girls basketball preview

The Girls Basketball has kicked off this year’s season with the bitter memory of the tough loss to rival Gunn High School in CCS last year. This year the Lady Vikes hope to build on what successes they did have last year.

The team lost point guard Lindsay Black (’12) and shooting guards Sam and Paige Borsos (’12). In addition, Mathilda Warvne (’13) and Abby Strong (’15) decided to leave the team this year. Coach Scott Peters will have to look to his seniors to anchor the young and inexperienced roster.

Stephanie Allen (’13) is a big concern this year as she is nursing an ACL injury and is still walking on cruches. However, she is confident that she will be able to make a complete comeback to the court this year.

Peters will be comforted by the returns of Josie Butler (’13) and Annie Susco (’13). Both girls have been on the team for multiple seasons and know what kind of dedication and work it will take to return to a third consecutive CCS championship game. Juniors such as Charlotte Alipate and Hope Crockett will bring experience and talent to the court as well.

The team will be tested as they enter the Atascedero tournament this weekend.