Girls’ basketball destroys Wilcox 67-12 – The Viking Magazine
MENU

Girls’ basketball destroys Wilcox 67-12

Lauren Koyama ('17) dribbles in last year's game against the Titans.

Katie Foug

Ryan Chang, Jamie Cullen, and Christian Rider

Palo Alto Girls Basketball faced the Wilcox Chargers in a league game Tuesday night. Palo Alto won in a blowout score of 67-12.

The Vikings held the Chargers to only 12 points for the entire game. Coach Scott Peters was happy with the team’s discipline and defensive effort.

“The girls did a really good job tonight. They didn’t foul. The discipline and the way we played that game on the defensive end was very good” Peters said.

Palo Alto started the game strong, going on a 10-0 run before the Chargers even scored a point. After the Chargers made it 10-2 Paly went on another 10-0 run to take a 20-2 lead at the end of the first quarter.

Paly excelled from long range in the second quarter, with threes from Maya Lathi (‘17), Lauren Kuoyama (‘17), and Julie Chandler (‘17) to start the quarter. Paly then extended their lead to 34-6 at halftime.

The Vikings came out strong again in the second half, going on a 8-0 run to start off. Two threes by Carly Leong (‘18) made the score 50-10 at the end of the third quarter.

Paly continued to play great defense, and only allowed two points in the fourth quarter. The Vikings then went on a 17-0 run to end the game and win by a score of 67-12.

“I think we played amazing because we definitely shared the ball and got open shots and we made them” Leong said.

The Vikings next game is at 6:15pm on Friday, January 29 against the the rival Gunn Titans.

About the Writers
Ryan Chang, Multimedia Editor

Ryan is a senior at Palo Alto High School. This is his second year writing for Viking and he is co-Multimedia Editor. Ryan enjoys deep sea fishing...

Jamie Cullen, Copy Editor

Jamie Cullen is a senior at Palo Alto High School. This is his second year on Viking and he is the Copy Editor. He enjoys playing football and getting...

Christian Rider, Photo Editor

Christian Rider is a senior at Palo Alto High School. This is his second year on Viking and he is co-Photo Editor. He enjoys playing lacrosse and...