Boys’ basketball takes down Wilcox

Forward+Max+Dorward+%2818%29+shoots+a+jumper+over+Gunn+player.+

Skylar Burris

Forward Max Dorward (’18) shoots a jumper over Gunn player.

Max Jung-Goldberg, Staff Writer

The boys basketball team got a win over league opponent Wilcox, 73-52, last night at Gunn High School.

Junior guard Max Dorward had a huge night as he scored 28 points, got nine rebounds, and had three assists. Spencer Rojhan (‘18) and Bryant Jefferson (‘18) both added 12 points in the winning effort and Miles Tention (‘17) had 11 as well. The team was a little sloppy at times on offense, but the defense was spectacular as they had a combined 11 steals and 24 defensive rebounds.

“We are playing much more aggressively on defense,” Dorward said. “That allows us to get easy turnovers and leads to buckets in transition.”

The group also had 19 assists in the game shown their ability to share the ball and find the open man consistently.

“The biggest key to our team’s success is our unselfishness,” Paul Jackson (‘18) said. We play through each other every game. Also we trust our coaches and the process it took to be great. A lot of our success comes from our precise practices and analysis of our film where we focus on the details.”

This win pushes the Vikings to 18-2 overall and they maintain their undefeated record in league as they are now 9-0. They look to continue this dominance in an away game Saturday, February 4, against Menlo Atherton.