Boys Tennis Triumphs over Homestead 6-1

The Vikings win their second home game in a row against the Mustangs

Nathan Seto, Staff Writer

The Boys Tennis team faced off against Homestead High School at home this afternoon, winning six out of the seven matches.

It was almost a clean sweep, with all three doubles wins and two singles wins. Unfortunately, captain Hunter North (‘18) lost his singles match, but the rest of the team had his back.

The domination was imminent from the Vikings. All three doubles wins and one of the singles wins came in two sets, not giving up a single set to Mustangs. In only two of the seven matches did the Vikings allow the Mustangs to win a set.

Fortunately, in one of those two, Antony Georgiadis (‘19) won a close three-setter, the only close match of the faceoff. Georgiadis’ win further sealed the fate of Homestead.

Johnny Loftus (‘18) gives credit to the teams play in the past few games.

“The team has been succeeding at consistency and playing with a strong net game ,” says Loftus.

With their second win in a row at home, the Vikings look to gain momentum and finish strong in league.

“The team has strong confidence, with returning members performing well and new members proving to be strong assets,” says Loftus.

The Boys Tennis team’s confidence is high as they look to play Saratoga High School at home tomorrow afternoon. Winning tomorrow would be their third win in a row at home.