Photo courtesy of Celeste Bates
Baseball Season Recap
Tyler Martin, Katie Yen, and Sarah ThiemanMay 16, 2024
Paly Vikings defeat Mountain view 16-5
Paly Vikings defeat Mountain view 16-5
Max Merkel, Staff writer • May 16, 2024
Boys Upperclassman of The Year: Grant Morgenfeld
Lucas Tung and Tyler MartinMay 16, 2024

Paly girls lacrosse loses 13-4 to Gunn and honors seniors in traditional celebration

The Paly girls lacrosse team worked their hardest in a hard match against Gunn and celebrated their seniors with posters, flowers, and fans at their final game of the season

Paly girls lacrosse had their final game of the season last night, and the seniors’ final game of high school lacrosse ever. The team lost 13-4 to Gunn but pushed their hardest until the final whistle blew. 

The sentimentality of the game allowed the girls to focus on the positives of the night rather than the score reflected on the board. 

With the senior night festivities, emotions were heightened. “I honestly didn’t think I would be as emotional as I was on senior night,” senior Eliza Gaither said. “The ceremony was so much fun, and being able to play with all of my senior girls for the last time was heartwarming.” 

As team tradition goes, the non-senior players worked together to make signs for each senior to celebrate and honor their time playing for the team. “The girls on our team really showed up for all of us seniors and it was super special,” senior Katie Yen said. 

Gunn’s offense continued to barrel through the field and give Paly a good challenge for the duration of the game. “It was a really tough game, but the defense was on fire and I know we felt the love on the field,” Gaither said. 

The team was able to hold off their opponents for the first half which ended in a near tie with Gunn ahead by only one goal. 

As the game ended, the team walked off the field feeling proud of all they accomplished this season and grateful for the memories they made together. “I think everyone really connected in this last game and it was great seeing everyone put in their best effort,” senior Jessie Slafsky said. 

The sophomores and juniors are looking forward to becoming leaders of their own in the season next year and are appreciative of the seniors who mentored and supported them over the last couple years.