Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024
Photo courtesy of Celeste Bates
Paly Baseball Defeats Gunn 11-3
Tyler Martin, Online Editor-in-Chief • April 20, 2024

Paly Girls Water Polo Beat Fremont 9-1

Girls water polo claim another victory against newcomers Fremont.
Grace Gormley

Paly girls water polo played in their third game of the league season on Thursday night against Fremont, one of two new additions to the SCVAL league this season. 

Fremont was a team not many sides knew about coming into the year as it was Palys’ first time playing the school, causing some unsureness about their tactics and style of play. 

The Vikings ended up taking an early lead of 4-0 in the first quarter and ultimately winning the game 9-1, handling it with a display of the teams’ bravura as they took a strong start to the season.

The emphasis of the night seemed to be improvement as a team, as the Vikings went about the game with fluidity, focusing on how to better each component of their play as the season progresses.

“Our main goal from Thursday’s game was to work together as a team, especially on the offensive side,” sophomore Scarlett Frick said. 

Even though Paly scored 9, triumphing over Fremont handily, the Vikings never gave up their mindset of development. This intense mentality for the Vikings has been shown clearly as they constantly look to improve; a recurring theme across the season for this team.

“It wasn’t our best game, we weren’t very focused,” sophomore Grace Henderson said. “We have been working very hard in practice.”

Overall, the Vikings conveyed their excitement for the season to continue and put their hard work on display

“I think we played well tonight but there is always room for improvement, and I’m excited to see how we work together as the season goes on,” junior Gin Williams said.

The Vikings handled the game well to start match week two, as they move on in the season encouragingly.