Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Field Hockey ties at Homestead 1-1

A very hot Wednesday afternoon, the girls faced-off against Homestead, have more to work on.
Photo by Karen Ambrose Hickey

Yesterday, Wednesday September 27th under the heat Paly’s Field Hockey team tied 1-1 with Homestead in their first face-off of the season.

“It was still a good game, Homestead is definitely a team we want to beat and look out for throughout the rest of our season,” Senior Aspen Stitt said.

The game started off strong with both teams making strong promising drives toward the goals. Both teams’ defense and agility prevented any goals from being scored in the first half of the game.

“We definitely should work towards more power on our offense, it is needed if we are going to beat teams like Homestead later on.” Senior Rebecca Fakatou said. 

The second half followed suit of the first half with Senior Ella Bishop showing off her stick skills against the Homestead defense. Ultimately scoring Palo Alto’s only goal. Homestead also broke through Paly’s defense in the second half to score their first and only goal.

“It is still the beginning of the season, we have a lot to work on but I feel like we are definitely in good shape and have a good starting point to work off of.” Senior Ella Bishop said.

Overall, the girls played intensely, worked hard in pressure plays, and ultimately have to work on their offense to be more competitive against teams like Homestead