Paly softball team after their game against Lynbrook.
Paly softball dominated Lynbrook 15-7 on Thursday
Amanda Goody, staff writer • April 29, 2024
Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery Reller April 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Girls Soccer Season Preview

The Paly girls soccer team starts their winter season off after placing 6th in De Anza SCVAL League last year. Their previous season began with a rough start when four out of seven players were not allowed to play due to breaking a SCVAL rule. 

While this was very upsetting to the seniors as well as their teammates, the girls persisted and ended the season with a record of 4-13-1. 

This year however, the team is looking forward to a fresh season with many new players joining. 

“I’m really excited for this upcoming season, I can already tell it’s a much stronger team and going to be a way better season this year,” junior Evin Steele said. 

The team is eager to redeem their losses from the past season, specifically their loss against Los Altos on their senior night. In addition, girls soccer will face opponents such as Mountain View, Gunn and Homestead. 

“I really want to beat Los Altos after last year. The Gunn scrimmage should also be interesting just because I know so many people on that team and am eager to beat them,” Steele said. 

In the months prior to the season, the girls partook in preseason training sessions to prepare for the winter. This included many conditioning practices to build endurance and strength.

“For preseason, we train most mornings before school and have scrimmages once or twice a week,” senior Kiana Feldis.

The team traditions will continue as well from pasta feeds the night before big games, to lunches on the quad. Many players shared that their favorite part of the season was dressing up in silly outfits on some game days.

“Usually we have a secret Santa around the holidays as well and it is super fun,” Feldis said.

Overall the girls soccer team is sure to have an exciting season. Their next game is on December 14th against Los Altos at Paly. It is expected to be a thrilling game so be sure to show up and support the team. 

“This season is going to be so much fun I honestly can’t wait to begin. I love this game and my teammates,” junior Claire Cho said.