Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Boys Basketball Season Recap

Jason Hu
Gavin Haase (’24) passes the ball to Riley Yuen (’24)

Overall, the boys’ varsity basketball team had an exceptional run this season, with a record of 20 wins and 9 losses. The team placed second in its league and made it to the CCS semi-finals. Despite losing in the Division 4 2024 CIF State Boys Basketball Championship, the team was satisfied with the outcome of its season. 

Despite losing many seniors, Captain Alaap Nair kept the team together and led the team motivated through the many wins and losses throughout the season. As a result, the team went 8-4 in leagues. 

In their CCS run, the team first faced off against Carlmont High School and won 59-52. Just a few days later, the team played Menlo-Atherton. After a close match, the team lost 54-49. 

The team faced off against Ripon High School in their first round of the state championship. Despite being behind in the first half, the team took the lead in the third quarter and finished the close game 60-58. The team then faced off against Santa Teresa, whom they beat 64-49 before losing 68-66 to Union Mine. 

“We had a really special group this year. I think this year stood out in terms of team chemistry, where we were not only a team but also a group of friends. After the first few games, we knew we had a unique squad, and we knew we would have a chance of making it to state,” Senior Riley Yuen. 

Even though the team didn’t win CCS, they had a strong season and improved greatly over the course of five months. The team plans to improve and practice over the off-season and prepare themselves for the 2024-25 season. 

“Hopefully, next season can be even better, and I’m sure our entire team will get to work in the off-season to make sure that happens,” said Nick Feitz (‘25).