Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024

Boy’s soccer nets another win against Cupertino High School

The Palo Alto High School boys’ soccer team had a dominating performance shutting out Cupertino to secure a 3-0 victory. Tonight’s win boosted the team’s overall record to 7-3-2.

The Vikes controlled the game from the start as forward Chris Meredith (‘13) scored first for Paly on a fast break goal. Paly’s defense contributed to the win with a strong performance, intercepting Cupertino’s passes and stopping the team’s drives.

Paly’s defense was so successful that goalkeeper Tony Maharaj (‘14) only saw one shot in the entire first half. It was apparent that Cupertino was outmatched after Chris Meredith (‘13) scored his second goal of the night. Even when the first string defense was swapped out the second string defense played exceptionally well for the remainder of the night, fending off Cupertino’s attack. Wes Woo (’15) scored the the third goal of the game after dodging many Cupertino players, allowing the Vikes to go into the half with the commanding lead.
Neal Biswas (’14), who was part of the tough Paly defense commented on why the team was so successful.
“We were great on defense and scored early in the game,” Biswas said.

The second half went scoreless as the Paly defense proved too much for Cupertino to handle. After many back and forth drives by both teams the game ended with the Vikings pulling off a big league win.
“We rebounded well from our heartbreak loss against Lynbrook,” Biswas (‘14) said.

The Vikes will take on rival Gunn at home 3:30 on Wednesday.