Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024
Photo courtesy of Celeste Bates
Paly Baseball Defeats Gunn 11-3
Tyler Martin, Online Editor-in-Chief • April 20, 2024

Girls’ Tennis suffers loss to Saratoga

Anna Dukovic
Aashli Budhiraja (’14) serves the ball in the first set of her match. She goes on to win the set in a tie-breaker, 7-6.

This afternoon, the Lady Vikes lost to the Saratoga Falcons 4-3, making their overall record for the season 13-2 and their league record 7-2.

Avanika Narayan (‘17) and  Felicia Wang (‘14) won their singles games handedly with scores of 6-3, 6-1 and 6-2, 6-0. Unlike her two teammates, co-captain Aashli Budhiraja (’14) had won a tight tie-breaker in the first set, 7-6. She was able to play harder and a sweep in second set, 6-0.

“The second set I played well,” Budhiraja said, “but the first set I was not playing that great. I couldn’t get my serving in and I was super distracted.”

A controversial issue in her match was lines calls. Players are supposed to be honest and call in or out for their own matches. In Budhiraja’s match, her opponent did not like what was being called.

“My opponent, she wasn’t sure about my line calls, so she had to get [lines judges] to make sure I was calling the right way.”

Despite the distraction, Budhiraja pulled it out and is now looking ahead and planning out her goals.

“For the next match, I want to be able to focus better,” Budhiraja said.

Contrary to the Lady Vikes’ singles matches, the doubles teams struggled to win a single match.

“We were right in there in doubles, coach Andy Harader said. “We just couldn’t pull it out…It was kind of a situation that didn’t develop today. In that respect I think we could have played better, but you win some you lose some.”

The Lady Vikes will hit the road for their next match, on next Tuesday at 3:30pm against Los Altos.