Brief: Girls’ tennis ends season in CCS semifinals – The Viking Magazine
MENU

Brief: Girls’ tennis ends season in CCS semifinals

Hayley Poore, Staff Writer

The girls’ tennis team lost 5-2 to Monta Vista and ended their season in the Central Coast Section semifinals this afternoon.

Aashli Budhiraja (’14) and Felicia Wang(’14), the number one and number four singles won their matches handily, with scores of 6-3, 6-2 and 6-0, 6-0 respectively. The Vikings, however, were could not win either of the other two singles matches or any of the three doubles matches.

The team believed that they were unable to put out their strongest team, as one of their most important players, Avanika Narayan (’17) was not able to play in the match today.

“We found out very late notice that one of our strongest players, Avanika wasn’t able to play today, so we were all a little distraught and unprepared,” Sarah Tayeri (’15) said.

Although the Vikings were unable to advance to the CCS finals, they were still happy with their performance today.

“Given the circumstances, I think we still played strongly,” Tayeri said. “Monta Vista is one of our biggest rivals and probably the best team we’ve played this season, so I’m still proud of how we did.”

About the Writer
Hayley Poore, Features Editor
Hayley is a senior. She enjoys playing volleyball and attending sporting events. In her free time she loves spending time with friends and cheering on the Stanford Cardinal.